FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Monday, 24 August 2009

And then there were two!



This morning we waved goodbye to our friends, we have had a lovely time with them. Haven't been too far just to Fenny Compton and back stopping off at The Wharf for a pub lunch. Steve enjoyed doing the locks and the boys got plenty of fishing in but didn't catch a thing. Still I am sure they put the world to rights while sitting on the tow path.




On the outward journey we stopped at Marston Doles had hoped to get on the 48hr mooring but there was a queue of about 6 boats waiting to go down so we picked a spot just on a bit, had to get the shears out but it was a nice quiet spot. Then onto Fenny Compton where we winded then moored up for our pub lunch. 2 hours later we were on our way back again heading for a nice spot we had seen by bridge 130. When we arrived there were only two other boats, by 5pm you couldn't have squeezed another boat in, again the rods were out, again no luck. Broke the habit and travelled Saturday so it was back down the locks there were boats going both ways so that was a bonus.






I like the view of the windmill in the distance.




I did get a bit irate as we entered the bottom lock, there was a boat on the lock mooring and another came into the pound and moored on the sanitary point, as we needed the facilities I asked him if he was going to use them "no he says we are waiting for the lock" well we need to empty the cassette and we wont be able to moor up I said, he just carried on chatting to the boat opposite and totally ignored me so Paul put the boat in the lock Steve and I opened the paddles half way to empty the lock slowly so Paul could get off with the cassette, let them wait was my take on the situation. Needless to say there was no apology for being pig ignorant. Okay so I was acting like a child but I was REAL MAD and his actions delayed everyone else waiting for the lock.


Carried on past the junction and moored up by bridge 108 which gave us just 4 miles to do Sunday morning. We actually got the BBQ out Saturday evening and had a real feast of a meal. Cant beat the smell of BBQ on the tow path.
Sunday morning took a nice slow journey back to Braunston it was a lovely morning, we were taking bets as to whether the one decent mooring on the puddle banks would be free and much to our amazement it was, there was only one boat there, how unusual to find spaces in Braunston. Needed to get some potatoes so while Paul settled down to watch F1 the three of us had a wander up to the village. Back on the boat lunch over with and Ang and I got the chairs out and spent the rest of the afternoon getting nicely pink in the sun and the wind. While I was preparing the evening meal Ang came down to say there was a homing pigeon on the top box, next thing you know and Paul is knocking at the window with the said bird in his hands, he then proceeded to feed it Cherrios and water, pigeon was very impressed
with his meal in fact it sat on the boat for ages quite happy to mix with us humans, it was only when we were inside the boat eating our meal that it decided to come aboard and join us and Crystal doing her "I guard this boat from intruders "bit chased it, luckily it went out the way it came and only s**t once. There was a phone number tattoed on its wing feathers(one of which had come out) and we tried the number with no reply. We were a bit concerned that the dog had scared it so much it had keeled over but as there was no sign we assumed it had gone home.
This morning after we had seen Steve and Ang to their car the pigeon returned sitting quite happily on the TV ariel more Cherrios were put out but he didn't stay very long, again we tried the phone number but still no reply. I just hope he gets home safe.

No comments: