Left the delights of Rugby this morning and you could hear Paul's wallet give a big sigh of relief. Called in at Clifton Cruisers for diesel declared 40/60 split and it wasn't till I put the sale in our cruising book that I realised that the split was the wrong way round ie 60 cruising 40 domestic ah well never mind, but I will tell him next time we call in there as we are set up on their computer now so must get the split changed round.
Its funny how last year when Paul fished on the Ashby he had good results this year tiddly squat, however at Rugby last night where he has never had any luck he caught quite a few roach. We are in a nice spot here at Hilmorton near to bridge 69 on the 14 day moorings and already he has caught a couple of fish, had to give up for a bit as the canal traffic has increased somewhat.
BW are here on these moorings repairing the bank with sand bags, Paul asked the question as to why they didn't put armco in, answer was, they can't, as it isn't environmentally friendly to wild life, although BW guy did remark that the armco would last 100 years but they would be back in 3 months to replace the sand bags. Seems a silly argument to me as it isn't as if the whole of the tow path has armco along it but there you go what do I know!!!!!!!!!
Was a lovely sunny journey from Rugby was very brave and wore a T shirt but now it is pouring again. I had to find a post box so left the boat with my anorak on (wise move) there was a bit of thunder rumbling around and a few spits of rain. By the time I had got to the bottom lock (all of 5 minutes) it was raining quite hard and after I had posted my letter on the estate near the church I looked a bit like a drowned rat but at least it was warm. You cant say that the water level is down after all this rain.
FOR SALE
PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.
Thursday, 6 August 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
We were moored just round the corner from you last night, about 4 boats away, but didn't know you were there until we left this morning at 9 am.
We ate at the Bistro, very good
Post a Comment