FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Sunday, 16 August 2009

Braunston



We were very lucky and bagged the last mooring spot on the 14 dayers by bridge 89, bit of a walk to chandlery at the bottom lock especially as the footbridge 1a over the marina is closed so you have to go via the footpath by the horses field.
We have a lovely view of the church night and day.
Luckily we are by a wide bit so bit less hazardous than being near road bridge 90 where it is narrow. Saying that we lost one coat of paint off the gunnel this morning when a woman came a trifle close while passing a boat coming the opposite way. Paul's comment is best left to the imagination.


While we have been here we have been quite busy. Friday morning we popped into Midland chandlers to get a replacement globe for one of our wall lights Paul caught it with his ring and the thing cracked and the bulb blew so had to get a couple of them too. Walked to the Gongoozlers for breakfast, afterwards met Pam and Dave in the marina they were on their way for breakfast too great minds I think. In the afternoon we decided to go the chandlery by the bottom lock and I also had a bag of books for the canal shop. It was while on our way that we found out the footbridge was closed, saw Beccy who was sign writing a boat so had a chat to her. While I was depositing the books Paul went into the chandlery to see if they could get us another Shoreline solar panel, lady couldn't ring Shoreline as they close at 4 on a Friday so first thing Monday morning she will call them for us no doubt the panels will have gone up in price. That's if we can get one of course.

Now in my infinite wisdom I have decided that we have to de-clutter, we have stuff that hasn't seen the light of day since we bought the boat so I really got stuck in, some went in the bin and some was put aside for the charity shop, Paul even got involved and sorted a cupboard where all sorts of things seem to be put, still have a long way to go but at least I have made a start.
Yesterday we caught the bus to Daventry with our bag of bits for the charity shop and we also had to do a bit of shopping in readiness for our friends coming on Wednesday. I also needed to make an appointment to have my hair cut. I popped into the hairdressers and when I came out there was no sign of Paul, now he has this habit of walking off, so I wandered down to the high street still no sign now how can you loose someone who is pulling a shopping trolley with a bright red bag on it I tell you I can. By this time I was getting a bit irate to say the least so I decided to call him on his phone and where was he, no not in the pub, he was in the computer shop talking to the guy about our lap top which seems to be getting slower and slower. So on Tuesday when I go into to have my hair done I have to take the laptop into the shop for them to look at it.
Today was the perfect day to get the side of the boat washed and polished so that is another job out of the way. Oh yes another job I have managed to get done after all this time is put black out lining on the bedroom curtains only taken me 2 years must say I'm pleased with the result.
Have spent a few hours wiling away the time of day with walkers and boaters and think this evening we may even get the BBQ out.
As we have a new TV system if any wants a Sky box, sat dish and sat finder also a Sagem digi box just let us know, they may do some one a turn and they are free.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we are coming up the Oxford and will be at Napton probably Wednesday. How long will you be in Braunston? We could come up and meet you.

Alan and Frances

Anonymous said...

I did read your blog earlier about having friends over, but left the previous message a bit later, if that makes sense. So I guess it may have to be another time, we are heading up to Warwick and then down to Stratford.