FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Saturday, 30 May 2009

Too hot to paint!!!










Today Paul got stuck into the bow painting, having first decided to re-varnish the wooden stern hand rail. Which meant all the canopy had to come off and the dodger. I left him sanding it down while I carried on with my bit of cleaning. After an hour or two I popped up the back to see how things were progressing and I couldn't see the stern deck for half inch of dust. He was a busy little bee though and there was already one coat of varnish on the wood work. Thank heavens it was another lovely day as each coat of varnish dried quickly. In between the five coats of varnish that were applied it was up the sharp end to get that sorted. Gas locker hatch came right off as did the cleats , the angle grinder came out and the rust

was removed once and for all. Needless to say there was no undercoat on the locker hatch much mumbling ensued, now there is red oxide and undercoat on all the bare metal. Paul also put a layer of bird sand either side of the hatch to give us a non slip surface as many a time when it has been wet things have been a bit on the dodgy side. Will look good when it is finished
hopefully tomorrow. As you can see Paul was wearing neither hat nor t shirt rather remiss of him considering the years we spent in Spain where he always wore a hat, having had an operation to remove a skin cancer you would think he would know better. You cant tell these men can you!!!!

Believe it or not even though it must have been the hottest day of the year so far the boat traffic has been relatively quiet, suppose with half term being over the vast majority of hire boats are back in their marinas. I must admit that I love it when we can spend a weekend in such a lovely spot as this, there are no pubs, shops or a main road near by and the tow path traffic is mainly walkers it is so peaceful. Mind you, might change my mind if it was pouring with rain.

Tomorrow the boat must have a good wash down to get rid of the dust from Paul's sanding, if the topcoat is going on the bow I will have to be very careful, will have to work front to back and start before Paul gets his paint brush out. Lets hope the sun is shining again and I may even put my shorts on and a vest top may as well look as if I am on holiday, then again life is one big holiday isn't it!!!!!!

No comments: