FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Friday, 1 May 2009

The castle



Have spent a really lovely time at the castle this morning, Paul condescended to come with me as I said I would pay. On route to the castle we called in at the antique/collectible shop and bought headlight, managed to knock them down a bit, and a nice pair of green DM's. I wanted to do this after the castle but Paul insisted we do it before so we then had to lug full rucksack round with us. Still Paul was doing the carrying so I didn't care I was in charge of the camera!!
I was impressed with the castle and Paul did find somethings that interested him like the armour and the wooden panelling, the mill was okay too. I just loved it all. We watched a Bird of Prey display as well, although it was warm there weren't too many people about, so that made it quite pleasant as you could spend time looking and reading about the exhibits. On our way out I insisted we walk up the tower as I wanted to see the view from the top, there was an awful lot of grunting and groaning behind me while we were walking up the narrow steps (Paul was behind) all I could hear was "whose stupid idea was this" still when we got to the top the view was worth it. Now the last time I went to the docs she said the best thing to keep my blood pressure down was plenty of exercise, do you think struggling up 550 steps to the top of a tower constitutes plenty of exercise? Going down was easy, now I know why they had a notice at the entrance to the tower saying if you suffered from a weak heart don't attempt the climb. Was so funny to see the people emerging from the steps at the top most of whom were very red in the face and extremely out of breath made me feel a bit better to think I wasn't the only one who wasn't as fit as they thought they were.












View from the top of the tower











Paul admiring the carvings and the armour.









Eagle Owl







Once out of the castle we found a little cafe and had a coke and a bacon roll just to round the morning off and while sitting in the sun minding our own business a woman in a 106 swerved to miss a taxi that had cut her up smashed into a Jeep pushing it to within a couple of inches of a shop front both vehicles had extensive damage but luckily the woman was unhurt. The taxi was nowhere to be seen now is that a surprise.
It goes without saying that as soon as we got back to the boat the headlight was dismantled, cleaned and put back together and any minute now will be fitted to the front of the boat, to say that Paul is pleased as punch with this purchase is an understatement. I like my DM's too, and the camera behaved itself only had a couple of dodgy pictures, that's because it was me showing it a bit of respect not shouting at it saying what a load of c**p it was.

No comments: