FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Friday, 15 May 2009

Oh what a day!!!

After reading Ernie's blog yesterday Paul thought that he had better check the weed hatch before we set off. This is what he found, it was no wonder that when the boat was in reverse nothing was happening.
We left our mooring about 10 this morning in rain so it was full set of wetties. The journey wasn't very picturesque in fact it was a bit grim at times but as we were travelling the old working canal we weren't too disappointed it was the graffiti that marred the view.



Around Deepfields junction we caught up with another boat, that was okay we weren't in any rush. Continuing on our way it was nice to see the old warehouse converted into flats. Old mingling with the new.








We got to the bottom lock and at least it had stopped raining in fact it was getting decidedly warm so one layer came off. Only problem that I could see was the boat in front of us as it was going to mean me filling every lock before Paul could get in and with double gates at one end I worked it out I would be doing an awful lot of walking. By the time we had done 10 locks the sun was shining so another layer came off and yippee we met one boat coming the other way trouble was this meant the locks were now set for the boat in front. On we went now the sky was very grey by the time we got to lock 18 by the racecourse there was thunder and lightening and more rain. One layer went back on now do I look a bit like a garden gnome in this picture?
Good job you cant see my face as I was thoroughly cheesed off by this time good job there was only 2 more locks after this one.






Hallelujah good bye Wolverhampton 21 and yes it was still raining. Right at Aldersley junction and it was nice to be in the country again.
On past Oxley Marine and this lovely little narrowboat. We are now moored up just by Autherly Junction just couldn't go any further today. 6 hours is just too long. Will probably get on the Shroppie tomorrow and then find a nice mooring for the weekend. Today we have had all kinds of weather thrown at us but at least it wasn't windy.

1 comment:

Andy Tidy said...

I passed Piston Broke on Saturday Morning at about 9.00am moored at Autherley. I had half expected to see you making your way down the Wolverhampton 21 on Sat morning having been washed out on Friday. I will seek out a new wheelbarrow tyre at Carvers - I actually need one for my very english single wheeled wheelbarrow!