
This old tool shop was right up Paul's street

You can imagine how much fun he had in this old showroom. It had old AJS motorbikes and Sunbeam cars he spent ages chatting to the guys here about engines etc.

This bike was a bit before Paul's time (I think)

You can imagine how much fun he had in this old showroom. It had old AJS motorbikes and Sunbeam cars he spent ages chatting to the guys here about engines etc.

This bike was a bit before Paul's time (I think)
And how many of you remember "real" money. This blackboard was in the school room. Every volunteer that we talked too was so knowledgeable about the place and it was a delight to go in the old shops and houses. We had fish and chips cooked in beef dripping that were delicious but have repeated on me every since. We popped into the pub where only mild and bitter were on tap. I had a glass of Dandelion and Burdock, oh how that took me back to the summers I spent at my nans boarding house in Margate when I was a wee lass. Had a chat to a guy on the old work boat Swallow should I say Paul chatted about engines and sailing boats. We were given a few pointers on the best places to stop while on the cut so that will come in handy.
In the afternoon we walked into Tipton which is very run down with 90% of the shops boarded up, should have caught the bus into Dudley. At least it hasn't rained today but it certainly isn't warm. All in all a thoroughly enjoyable day.


No comments:
Post a Comment