FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Thursday, 21 May 2009

Moving tomorrow

Well, I have a nice hair cut a snip (pardon the pun) at £18.50 bit dearer then the £6.50 at Hilmorton but worth it.Post also came and that is all filed away. Our friends Pete and Carol arrived here yesterday so a session in The Bridge Inn ensued. I showed some restraint and only had 2 halves of cider and a coke Paul had 4 yes 4 pints of dark mild and had to get up 3 times in the night, serves him right I say. Was lovely to catch up with our friends again.
This morning it was back to the antique shop in the village and we now have a lovely old brass oil lamp which Paul has converted to electric. While in the village we also bought a couple of pots and plants for the roof of the boat.
Carol and Pete moved on this afternoon going just a bit further as Pete hopes to find a decent fishing spot. As we have decided to make a move tomorrow we will probably catch up with them again. I will be sorry to leave this lovely place everyone here is so friendly it is nice to go to a place where the residents actually speak to you and shopkeepers pass the time of day. I am sure we will find some other nice villages on this tranquil canal.

No comments: