FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Thursday, 30 April 2009

Paul was right for once.

As you are probably aware Paul and I have been having this slight disagreement about my camera which is a point and go Fujifilm digital which I have had for about 5 years. He reckons it is crap sorry rubbish and I say its fine. I must mention at this point that Paul in his earlier years had a pukka camera and every conceivable lens and other attachments all in a leather bag, so my little digital was a no no. Anyway I digress, just lately it has been a problem to turn the camera on, wasn't the batteries as they are re-chargeable and I kept changing them, after a few attempts it would turn on but by then the picture you wanted to take was in the distance. When you first get it to turn on and took a snap the picture would come out all blurred so you had to make sure you adjusted the zoom to get it in focus. Well this was okay for me as I remembered to do all this stuff but the other day when we were coming through Bascote locks Paul decided to take a photo of me working the locks and yes you've guessed it they came out all blurred (not that I mind as I hate having my photo taken) but I think the time has come for me to finally admit (and oh how it pains me to say it) PAUL WAS RIGHT that the camera was not operating correctly so I think we need to splash some cash and buy a new one. Just need to find a Curry's or a Jessop's.

We did leave the boat for a few hours today, walked to the centre in the rain along with about 50 Japanese tourists but hey we were tourists too. Had a look round a large antique shop well collectibles really and they had in there a nice pair of green Doc Martins and a purple pair as well at £40 each, ( no I don't want 2 pairs but a green pair would do as a back up seeing as my walking boots have started to disintegrate and my feet get wet when in rains. Paul saw a nice brass headlight that would do for the boat but he needs to do some measuring up first to see if he can make it fit. I want to go to the castle tomorrow so may pop back into the shop and treat myself.
It has really been a miserable day so not much has been achieved with regards to work on the boat but there are plenty of other days, don't think they forecast rain for tomorrow so hopefully we can get to the castle in the dry and I can take some nice pictures with my rubbish camera!!!!!

No comments: