Due to unforeseen circumstances we have to be off this boat asap, so this has meant gee-ing up the yard to allow us back on ours. Of course the weather isn't helping. Our boat was supposed to be out of the shed today but with the freezing temperatures last night I don't think that is likely. Work has progressed and hopefully our deadline of sleeping back in our own beds by Tuesday night will materialise. We know we will probably be on board but still in the yard for a few days but that's okay we can cope with that. I am frantically packing as much as I can. We have arranged a lift to the yard tomorrow with the first load and then the rest will all go on Tuesday that will leave me Wednesday to blitz this place and leave it sparkly clean.
We had fun and games yesterday as we are desperate for a pump out I think we managed to move the boat about 6 foot and that was it, of course by then all the broken ice stopped us getting back on the mooring in fact Paul was all for leaving this boat across the arm but with the aid of a pole and Paul stirring up the water with the plank we were able to get back in, hasn't solved the problem of the toilet but we do have the use of one at the back of the office here and a bucket on hand for the middle of the night. All I can say is, I am grateful we have a cassette on board ours.
Paul is at Hillmorton at the moment so I don’t know what has happened there, the new cooker came yesterday that is another job to be sorted before we get back on the cut. The inside of P & B is dire to say the least with about 6 inches of dust, flakes of paint and 16 weeks of grubbiness to be tackled certainly wont be a quiet Christmas for us, just hope we can to Braunston to be with Anne and Keith nb Oakfield and Betty and Graham nb Tranquility for the festivities.

No comments:
Post a Comment