Yesterday I went base over apex in the ice on the way out taking the dogs for their walk. As I was sat on the ground they looked at me as if to say “you are not getting out of it that easy” so I picked myself up and carried on with the walk very gingerly I might add.
Today the weather changed with a vengeance freezing fog, and the canal back to being an ice rink.
Looking down the arm from the bridge.
Frosty or what?
Brrrrrrrrrrr
Paul had planned to get to the yard early this morning but assumed that as it was so cold the boat wouldn't come out of the paint shed, but how wrong can you be. As he arrived they had just finished docking. So Paul went into his do every thing at ninety miles an hour mode and got stuck in.
Canopy on.
The landline socket is now installed and is connected to the power. He has found that there is a main line neutral down probably has a screw through it!!!!!!!!!!!!! So a new wire has to run round the other side of the engine room Paul has the idea that he can string it across the engine room and I can use it as a washing line (only joking, I hope). 12v consumer box has been connected on a temporary supply, water heater wiring and programmer are in.
Cratch board still in the paint shop hopefully will be re-fitted tomorrow as we need our new cratch doors out of the weather.
Nice red oxide roof over the engine room.
The engine has been fired up and it transpires that we need a silencer of some sort to drop it a few Db’s as it sounds like a Sherman tank. The final 3 internal doors have been fitted today and will be finished off tomorrow.
We know that we will have to stay in the yard until at least the weekend so that all works are finished off to Pauls exacting standards ha ha.
What have I been doing while all this has been going on? Well everything is now packed all except for our bedding and the dogs bits. Mick is taking Paul and our worldly goods tomorrow I have drawn the short straw and will be walking the dogs from Rugby to Hillmorton in the cold, all together now ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

No comments:
Post a Comment