FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Tuesday, 7 December 2010

Back home.

What a frost over night I have never seen anything like it. Poor old Mick had to do two journeys in his car to bring all our stuff here. He didn't want to risk bringing the camper. I left Rugby around 11 trusty camera in my pocket.

frosty day 5th dec 2010 017

This was the scene that greeted me as I left the arm rather spectacular I think. The walk to Hillmorton went better than expected as Saffie had a spring in her step and didn't lag behind once. When we got to the golf course we had a quick chat with Aqua lady who we always see in the area at this time of the year.

frosty day 5th dec 2010 019

Love this tree.

frosty day 5th dec 2010 020

Jus before the Kent road bridge.

frosty day 5th dec 2010 021

Nearly at Hillmorton aerials in sight.

It was a scene of chaos that greeted me on board, at least the fire was lit although some doughnut has broken the glass it was all alright when we left it. I have managed to put every thing away although this will all have to be reorganised over the next few weeks.

Cratch board is back on and new cover is in place, no diamonds on the cratch this will need to be sorted as it was agreed. Engine has been running have had to have a small silencer fitted and it now sounds a lot better, more like an MGB than a Sherman tank!!

I have to make the journey back to Willow Wren tomorrow for the big clean then that is it GOOD BYE FREEZING BOAT. Had a bit of a result I found my towels, I had used them to wrap all my delicate china before all this refurb took place good job really as I sure it would have all ended up in bits.

When we woke this morning every window was iced up so the first thing Paul did once back here was to put the double glazing back in. (Take note John when are you putting yours in?)

There are a few things left to do but hopefully we wont be here for too long just bring on the thaw.

It will be good to sleep in our own beds again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you will soon be in braunston

John Allebone said...

Home-Sweet-Home.... at last.
R e a l l y pleased for you.
I've just finished the D.G. works a treat, thanks for the instructions.
Great photo's by the way.
P.S.Back in Staines.