Last night as we were walking the dogs we met Iain and Alison on Gosty Hill, we needed coal so asked if they would be coming past us. Iain told us they had a few deliveries to make before the bridge and if possible would call on the way through if not it would be in the morning. As it turned out it was this morning that they came through, they had moored up just after the bridge and still had a few deliveries of coal to do first thing. Paul walked down and Alison bought 4 bags of Stoveglow back in the wheelbarrow. Iain still had to stop as Paul had kept Alison talking. Had a nice chat with them both about diesel splits and the fact that duty went up on fuel today by 2p a litre, thanks Mr Chancellor.
We walked to the yard for oil (awaiting delivery) new 240v generator belt (Dave picking one up today) and filter (in stock). Paul cant fathom out why the belt that's on at the moment has degraded as he only put it on in July 08. Until he replaces it he cant find out the why's and wherefores. (Perhaps its the hairdryer usage that has caused this problem? Need I say that this is a Paul comment) While there we confirmed our blacking slot and maybe we will be able to get in sooner as Dave has had a cancellation. As usual when around boats and engines Paul got into conversation about the style of new boat he would like and it just so happened there is a new tug style being completed in the yard, so we were taken aboard for a look see. It was a very nice boat but I'm not too sure if I would like sleeping under the fore deck and I know Paul would get up in the night and hit his head. Dave showed Paul the electrical installation and Paul's comment was "someone has got it right at last" well knock me down with a feather Paul paid a compliment.
After lunch I set off to find the bus stop, didn't have to go too far as I found a lady waiting for a bus at a stop opposite the Indian and the buses are every 15 mins so not too long to wait if you just miss one. Looks like a trip is on the cards soon. Also in this parade of shops is a new hairdressers so I am going to make an appointment for a much needed haircut. My fringe is more like a curtain (Paul says at least it covers my face) and my attempts of trimming it were a bit of a disaster. Walked up to the main road forgot there was a vets there as our dogs need a Kennel cough jab so may sort that out as well. Also noticed a pub that does Sunday lunch for £4.95 will have to check if you have to book. If my memory serves me right I'm sure I came across an Aldi just outside the village should pass it on the bus when we go to Rugby although the Co-op is well stocked.
Has been yet another lovely day, boat has had a good blow through and the solar panel is in overdrive.
FOR SALE
PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.
Wednesday, 1 April 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment