FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Wednesday, 8 April 2009

One job down!!!!

After a very windy and wet night today dawned bright and sunny although still a bit on the breezy side. While I nipped out to post Easter cards Paul set to rubbing down the side of the boat ready to paint out all the battle scars. When I returned I was given a bottle of white spirit and a cloth my job was to wipe over the sanded down areas to remove dust etc following after Paul. By 1.30 worse bits were undercoated we stopped for lunch then it was back outside, I had to hold off the boat from the tow path so Paul could get the topcoat onto the difficult bits without having his hands crushed by the boat. Every 10 minutes or so a boat would go by, my arms were killing me by the time the job was finished.
I had just sat down when I heard a voice shout "there's Piston Broke" whose that I asked Paul I don't know he replied but they obviously know us, it turned out to be Chris and Derek on nb Josh who we met here last spring. Had a nice long chat catching up on one anothers news, they are off to the Ashby for a couple of weeks. BSC man is due in the morning so will have to make sure I take the dogs out while he is here.
Have also heard from Judy and Don on nb Ankorah who we spent 3 weeks with last June stuck on red boards at Abingdon, have arranged to meet up Good Friday will be nice to see them again.

No comments: