FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Wednesday, 29 April 2009

Saltisford Arm

Left bright and early, (well it was for me) we were on our way by 9am travelling again with nb Greyfisher, they had to stop for water so we carried on up to Bascote and THE STAIRCASE. We moored up so we could see what was ahead of us and to wait for Stephen and Julie to catch us up. We read the instructions and wondered what on earth we had got so stressed out about. While waiting a boat came up the locks and left just as the others joined us. Again it was Stephen and I doing the locks, then again its always me because I don't do any steering, too scared. Oh I know I should do it just in case I need to but I'll think about that at a later date. Along the way it was suggested that we moor in the Saltisford arm with Julie and Stephen as it is safe and near to the centre of Warwick. Plan was they would carry on to the arm as I had to get shopping at Tesco, they would then ring us to let us know if there was room. We were just approaching bridge 50 when we got the call and yes there was room so we are now settled in this lovely little oasis. We were welcomed by one of the volunteers with a booklet telling us about the history of the arm he also gave me a guide to Warwick so we will be off exploring ASAP supposed to rain tomorrow so we may only make it to the pub across the road.
Yet again it has been a lovely day and I got so warm I put on a T shirt, first time my arms have seen the light of day and we haven't lit the fire tonight is summer on its way I ask myself.

No comments: