Left Rugby around 10 quick turn round then back on our way. Called into Clifton Cruisers for diesel and declared 20/80. Filled up with water at the bottom lock pressure hasn't increased at all so it took forever to top up the tank.
So here we are back by bridge 72 at Hillmorton ( if you are reading this Eric two L's okay). Moorings between this bridge and the lock were full and on this stretch there are 3 boats so it looks like people are finding a safe haven for the Easter holidays. Have my appointment at the doctors for 17th must ring Jess and tell I'm coming down.
While we are here Paul hopes to get some painting done, the boat is just high enough to be painted up to the gunnells weather permitting of course. Have to get our oil so that can be changed and of course the BSS man is coming on Thursday (we hope). One of the guys at the yard got me a sack of potatoes so we have to find a home for them (why I got a whole sack I don't know so if any one is passing and wants a few spuds just knock).
Wind has a bite today and it was a bit of a struggle coming into moor luckily blacking is still shiny, I'm sure you will hear the screams when the first scrape occurs.
Well casserole is on the menu tonight so had better shift myself and get it prepared and in the oven, don't want the old fella passing out through hunger. Oh yes when I paid for my shopping yesterday guess what I found in my purse MY BUS PASS. Now I swear that it hasn't been there since I thought I had lost it, how spooky is that. Do we have a phantom bus pass nicker I ask myself. Pauls comment was, if I went into my purse more often I might have found it earlier, would I expect anything less from him. Of course not.
FOR SALE
PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.
Tuesday, 7 April 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment