FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Saturday, 31 January 2009

Things that go bump!!!

A week or so ago I was reading Granny Buttons blog and Andy was at Cowley he mentioned the security cameras in the pub car park and wondered how safe the moorings etc were. I commented that we had moored on the park and not had any problems. As we are at Cowley again I had no qualms about staying on the same mooring. Well last night around 8.30 we could hear girls screaming and lads shouting, my initial reaction was "oh no" but they were in the distance, then we heard a girl say "knock on the window". By this time the dogs ears were pricked up and Saffie was grumbling, Paul was ready to leap out of the cratch but they carried on to where ever. About an hour later there was a banging on the window, so Paul was up with Crystal and hanging out of the cratch cover, Crystal was really barking and giving it what for, hackles up and teeth barred and the young lad that happened to be walking past got the fright of life. "What's with the dog" he asked, so Paul told him that Crystal was a guard dog and someone had knocked the window. The lad shouted to his mates asking who had done the deed, no one admitted it, now there's a surprise. Paul went on to say if he let go of the dog she was liable to chase them and maybe bite. (not sure that is true but when we lived in Spain both dogs lived outside and were bought to look after the place). The lad went on to say he was sorry for any inconvenience and stumbled on his way. The group (girls and boys) spent another few hours in the kids playground. During the time that Paul and Crystal were up in the cratch Saffie was asleep in front of the fire, some guard dog she is, I suppose she reckoned that Crystal is bigger than her and she did make a token grumble earlier so she had earned her keep, any other time and she would have been up there first. We had no more problems but I am now feeling a mite unsettled so glad that we are only here for a couple more nights.
When we took the dogs out this morning the playground is littered with bottles and cans. Lets hope its too cold tonight for the kids to come out to play.

This morning I did the job that I have been putting off for ages, sorting through stuff that I will never wear again or haven't worn for the time we have been on board, I now have a bag of bits for the charity shop in Uxbridge. Paul wanted to know why I was getting rid of a pair of evening sandals now I ask you when will I need evening sandals while on the cut, any way If I do need some I can buy a new pair!!!

No comments: