FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Tuesday, 27 January 2009

Back on board at last

Lets get the technical stuff over with first. Here is THE SOLAR PANEL mounted while I was in Kent, I thought you would like to see what kept Paul busy while I was away and I'm glad to say it works!!!!!






Paul has made this so it lays flat while travelling and can elevate to three positions it can also swivel through 360degs. Whose a clever boy then!!!
I came back from my visit today was supposed to return yesterday but in my infinate wisdom made an appointment on friday to have my blood pressure checked, not a good move, it was very high (couldnt blame Paul he was in Uxbridge) and the nurse wanted to see me again. I managed to get to see a doctor this morning and the blood pressure was still high had to have a blood test (sat for an hour and a half in the hospital) and I dont like having blood taken. Now have pills to take and have to return to the docs in a month. Have now bought a blood pressure monitor just to keep and eye on things will probably scare myself but at least Jess is a nurse so I can always call her for advice. Pauls reason for my BP being up is I have put on weight and drink to much charming eh, he also said I must speed up doing the locks to get more excercise.
In our post at Jess's was a letter from British Waterways wanting to know where we were between 9th and 21st November as if I could remember after all this food and drink I have been consuming. Good job I keep a log and could let them know. I reckon the BW man must have been on holiday that fortnight.
I missed Granny Buttons going past while I was away but Paul managed to have a quick chat as he went through.
Tomorrow we are going back to Cowley for TWR then onto Tesco as the cupboard is bare AGAIN.

4 comments:

Brian and Diana on NB Harnser said...

There is a long thread on the Ownerships Forum about BW asking where boat where when they were doing their check.
http://pub2.bravenet.com/forum/153944258/fetch/779972/1

nb.bobcat said...

and I'm gald to say it works!!!!!


Now then is that galled or glad?

Re blood pressure maybe you suffer from 'white coat syndrome'

Kath

Anonymous said...

... and we missed each other again when I walked back from Coppermill to Uxbridge last Sunday to collect my car! I passed you about 4.30pm, I think it was, and knocked, but no answer. Will perhaps meet as we both slowly wander north...

Andrew
Granny Buttons

nb piston broke said...

Dont worry Andy no doubt we will catch up with you on our way to lock 64.