

I thought when I went to bed last night that I would wake to a partial thaw but no, I woke to every thing being covered in a dusting of snow as the pictures show. I made the trip to Somerfield on the high street while Paul was foragging in the wood pile for more logs. It was absolutely freezing walking up to the shops, by the time I returned the roof of the boat had plenty more logs on it, they still have to be sawn up but at least we have some. In his infinate wisdom Paul decided that the dogs needed some fresh air so left them on the tow path for a while as you can see by the photo they werent at all impressed, they were probably thinking, "why should we have fresh air when you are sitting in front of the fire"

As the day has progressed it looks as if the ice is thawing a bit.
I have resigned myself to staying here until Monday when according to the weather it is going to rain. Hopefully by then Pauls flu will have more or less gone, at least he had a decent nights sleep, obviously all the medication is working now. Had an email from friends in Spain a bit concerned as they had seen pictures on the TV of the weather here and the shot had shown a narrowboat iced in. Were we okay they asked and were we iced in IF ONLY THEY KNEW, I shall be emailing them later with pictures to show them just how iced in we are.

No comments:
Post a Comment