Well we are still here, the canal is still frozen although it does seem to be thawing a little bit. I'm getting bored now I want to turn round and get back to Cowley. No word from Jason at Denham Marina so must get Paul to ring him to see when the solar panel is arriving.
Yesterday Paul went down with the dreaded bug and spent the night coughing and wheezing. Luckily I am over my bout and I'm pleased to say I didn't get the chesty cough just a head cold, probably because Paul is a smoker and I am not. We paid a visit to the local pharmacy this morning and now have a bag of cold remedies for the patient.
2 jobs can be crossed off the list as the CB is sorted now just need a battery for the mic. The boat batteries have been checked out and all is OK in that region.
Hopefully someone will pass us tomorrow and break the ice but then I keep saying this, every one has moored up to protect their paintwork don't blame them. As I have said we are getting the bottom blacked this spring but still Paul doesn't want to push ice and damage the boat.
Hurrah a BW work boat is just coming past the noise it is making is horrendous, but with Paul feeling so rough we wont be pulling the pins and following him up the canal. Perhaps one day very soon like tomorrow!!!!!!
FOR SALE
PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.
Thursday, 8 January 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment