Yesterday morning we left Uxbridge in the rain to come back to Cowley, as our water was so low it took over an hour to fill the tank once full we set off for Bulls Bridge Tesco. Needless to say I was getting a little chirruping in my ear "how far is it, do we really need to get shopping there" normal sort of comments. My reply was would you carry shopping on the bus including a 17kg sack of dogs food. There was a lot of muttering and we just kept going, of course it took a little longer than I had said, I'm a woman after all and my sense of distance leaves a lot to be desired, but we passed a newly felled tree so ear marked that as a quick stop on the way back. I was really good and got round Tesco in less than an hour and thankfully when I got out of the store it had stopped raining. We stopped to pick up the logs and a security guy walking his dog told us that the tree had only been cut down a few days before, there certainly wasn't a lot of it left so we only took enough for our immediate needs.

Now we not only have a full cupboard we have a few more logs. Paul has to get the chain saw out but that is a job for when we are in the country. We are moored below Cowley lock where we will stay until Monday as Jack is coming Sunday to see us, then we will make our way up towards lock 64 which is shut until 13th Feb. As I have to go back to the docs around this time it should prove okay for trains etc.
Solar panel is humming today as the sun is shining, Paul had to make a small modification as the legs proved to short to go over the Houdini hatch. That has been rectified so every thing is hunky dory.
When I came back from Kent on Tuesday Paul splashed the cash and took me to the Weatherspoons in Uxbridge, just wish we had found it earlier as Tuesday was Steak night and off the special menu you got a drink included with the meal. Paul had already bought drinks before we studied the menu and he was well happy when a pint of IPA only cost 99p, total for our two drinks was £2.29. Paul chose a mixed grill and I chose my mums favourite, scampi, Paul got another IPA with his meal. Total for the two meals was £11.69 and believe it or not PAUL DIDN'T MOAN ONCE in fact he actually said he enjoyed the food, more so the pint as it was only 99p. We had walked past it often enough but didn't realise it was a Weatherspoons cant even tell you the name of the place. We are thinking of catching the bus from here tomorrow and having another meal there, the place was heaving, mind you I think that was because of the price of the drinks. I have also bought myself a blood pressure monitor, okay I have started my tablets but my blood pressure seems okay now (so perhaps you are right Kath, nb bobcat I suffer from White coat syndrome). I shall just keep taking the tablets and checking my BP and trying to be calm not easy when your mouse packs up on your lap top, looks like we will have to go to town tomorrow( now what can I have for lunch?).

2 comments:
Did yu get free WiFi in Weatherspoons?
Brian
We never take the lap top out with us so dont know whether we could get it or not.
Post a Comment