FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Saturday, 7 July 2012

Can it rain anymore???????

Since we arrived here on Monday we have had a couple of good days and the rest have been awful days. The fields around us are flooded and the River Trent that runs near Shugborough has burst it banks here at Little Haywood so if we are told there is a water shortage I think I will scream………

The weather hasn't stopped Paul fishing though and he has had some lovely fish. For those of you that are interested here are the best.

002

An 18 pounder

004

11lb

005

The last carp was Pauls pride and joy but just after I had taken the photo it leapt out of Pauls arms straight back into the canal.

For those of you that weren't interested sorry!!!!!!

We plan to move on Monday we need water etc. so lets hope it stays dry.

2 comments:

Nev Wells said...

Tell Paul I am very impressed, what was the weight of the fine looking common at the end...? Also what were they feeding on? I have been snapped a few times at Great Heywood, never tried Little Heywood, but I know the owner of Peggy O'Neill spends some time chasing the big carp there !

Nev NB Waterlily

nb piston broke said...

Nev, The last fish was a common hybrid and was a lovely gold and silver weighed just over 11lb was in beautiful condition. Caught on spam big hooks big bait fed the stream with ground bait. Found that the best fishing was after 9.30pm till 1am. Last three night absolutely nothing not even a bite. Looking forward to Tixall next week. Peggy O'Neill is moored up in front of us.