FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Monday, 1 August 2011

Chester Basin.

We were up and gone by 8.15 this morning I even set the alarm on my phone so we didn't lay in. Filled up with water at Christleton bridge then onto Christleton lock. Had to fill it and then I could not open the gate (no breakfast so no strength). Paul had to tie up and come and help me. Then a lady walking her dog had to help me open the  bottom gate. After this I wasn't looking forward to the rest of these big double locks. Had a text from Betty to say there was space in the basin and to let them know when we hit Tesco bridge so Graham could help me with the staircase. The rest of the locks weren't too bad we did meet a boat coming up as we were leaving Tarvin lock so I was able to get to the next one and get the gate open. We had hoped to empty the toilet at the sanitary point by Chemistry lock but it had been closed down due to vandalism.

We picked Graham up at bridge 123E and made our way to the triple staircase. Just missed going down with someone as they were already in the lock with it half empty. I was really glad of Grahams help especially when the heavens opened and we got decidedly wet.

As we came into the basin there was a nice big space behind nb Chance, we aren't stalking you guys honestly.  So here we are settled for a few days. We have had a walk to Wickes and found another big Tesco which is roughly the same distance from town as the one at bridge 123E.

Paul and Graham have nipped to the pub opposite (now there's a surprise) so Betty Lucy and I took the dogs for a walk. Lucy is really taken with the dogs which is good as she will be seeing a lot of them over the next week.

No comments: