FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Friday, 12 August 2011

Dodging the showers.

Before I start I would like to mention an avid follower of our blog an ex narrow boater who lives in Hungary. Tomorrow, David is marrying Celia so Paul and I would like to wish them all the best for their future together.

So here we are, today Paul decided to tackle the back hatch cover so in between showers and after he had sorted out the two step ups on the port side, we struggled getting the hatch off and into the stern canopy where it was under cover and Paul could start to varnish the wood. Now do you think this is going to be a straight forward job nah, nothing to do with paint work on this boat is straight forward.

Once the hatch cover was upside down one could see that the hatch was not fitted with care and attention  as there were chips in the paintwork which needless to say are now rusty. The following pictures show the extent of damage done whilst being fitted.

 coole pilate 014

coole pilate 015

coole pilate 016

coole pilate 011

So, Paul says can you spot the deliberate mistake. it obviously was a case of “what the eye doesn't see the wallet doesn't grieve over”. Can any of you spot what is missing. Answers on a postcard please.

While Paul was ensconced on the back who should turn up but nb Ellen, now we weren't expecting them until tomorrow so the engine never got its polish but I am sure John wasn't worried about that. It is lovely to see them both again and Angela had the kettle on in a flash and in no time we were drinking coffee and catching up. Luckily John was able to help Paul get the hatch back in place while I was getting lunch. In the afternoon Angela and I took all four dogs for a walk across the fields, on our way we passed nb Hadar who are also moored here, was able to introduce ourselves and have a bit of a chat with them before heading off on our trek. Tomorrow we are going to go further afield hopefully we will have more luck reading the map as both Angela and I got a bit confused. What do they say about women and map reading well I must admit today it was true.

1 comment:

John N/B Ellen. said...

I would't dare say anything about "women & map reading" Just what are you suggesting/admitting? Tee Hee.
Good to see you both & catch up. See you in the morning.