We have spent two days in Nantwich moored opposite the marina. For the life of me I couldn't remember what Nantwich was like although we had been there 2 years ago. As soon as we started to walk along the road it all come flooding back to me and I realised what a lovely town it is. There are so many independent shops of all kinds down little streets. There is no Argos or M & S but enough stores to keep you interested and your shopping bags full. Morrison's is handy to the centre. You can even catch a bus back to the canal if the 15 minute walk with the shopping proves too much (Paul was tempted, I told him he needed the exercise). We liked the town so much we went there two days running, I find it very strange that where ever we go Paul seems drawn to a little hardware store that is full of (to him) interesting things, he found one in Nantwich and came away with yet more brass screws and some paint, we have more brass screws than he will ever use but we have to have them “just in case”.
We managed our journey this morning without getting wet, we worked it just right at Hack Green locks with a queue to come down at the top lock. We are now back at Coole Pilate waiting for nb Ellen to join us for a catch up and a bevy or two.

3 comments:
Hi Ya, outside the Shroppie Fly, at the mo, we'll be with you tomorrow, have stocked up in readyness.
good moorings
what is it about hardware shops that men can't resist? But I must admit I like browsing myself, found some "no more spiders" spray recently and its wonderful. We now have a spider free boat!
Post a Comment