This morning John and Angela left to continue on their way to Nantwich, lucky for them they were going that way as there was a constant stream of boats going towards Audlem, it was probably manic at the locks there.
We have spent a nice couple of days with them and last night we were determined to have a BBQ what ever the weather. For once we had luck on our side and although it was cloudy it stayed dry. So plenty was eaten and drunk and we finally retired to our boats around 10pm when we finally gave in to the cold. We also had another longish walk in the afternoon where the men accompanied us and yet again the dogs had a good time.
A couple of jobs have been completed, as I write this I am waiting for Paul to return after checking on the fishing match up the way, he has his engine room to hoover, there is no way that I am going to tackle that job I have enough to contend with with the dogs hairs in the rest of the boat. No, he can get stuck into that job. I have just looked out of the boat and I can seeing him chatting away to some poor fellow up the way, shall I go and rescue the man, no I will enjoy the peace and quiet for a few more minutes.

4 comments:
Yes - nice time. Thanks guys. Only two locks but big queue. Now at Nantwich. See you on the Ashby xxoo
Hi Lynne. This is a question for Paul, I think, following previous posts about your paintwork. I'm interested in what sealant he uses for screws in the external bodywork. I'm dealing with leaks around a window in Erin Mae, and want to use the proper materials for sorting it out.
Thanks for the help.
Martin
Hi Martin, thanks for the enquiry, with regards to your windows Paul would use one of the following methods. 1) you can purchase a self adhesive tape this is about 2mm thick and about 15mm wide it is black and has a pull off paper backing to expose the adhesive he thinks it is made by ARMORFLEX and can be purchased from chandlers in various sizes. After removing the window frame the surfaces should be clean and dry and the tape stuck on the back window frame, offer the window to the apperture and punch the screws through the tape and into the metal work. After about a month go round the windows and tork up the screws. 2) Purchase tubes of high modulous silicone (not what you put round the bath) can be bought in various colours Paul used black purchased from Wickes and when opened has a very strong smell of vinegar. Apply this to the back of the window frame with a reasonable sized bead. With a wet knife flatten out the silicone but do this gently. Refit window to boat, screw, do not over tighten screws but make sure the silicone squeezes out, do not attempt to remove the excess sealant until thoroughly dry. Tork up screws but not too much, cut off excess silicone with a NEW stanley knife blade, being careful not to penetrate the paintwork. This silicone is also ideal for when you use threaded screws into the metal work. Job done that will be a £1 for the RNLI
Lynne/Paul,
Thanks for the comprehensive reply.
Martin
Post a Comment