FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Saturday, 25 September 2010

Inspection trip.

Today I was allowed to visit the boat, how lucky can a girl be. I even had my hand held when I crossed the road just in case I took leave of my senses and walked in front of a car. Any way all looks good on board. I was consulted on where things would go, had the very important job of holding the tape measure so that if the bulk head or fixed furniture ended up in the wrong place it would be my fault. Now I know why I only get to go to the boat once a  week.

One good thing to come out of my visit was the ordering of my new cooker!!!!!!. Yesterday I had to go to Braunston to pay for our new licence so took advantage and popped into the two chandlery’s to price up and get the dimensions of cookers. Luckily for me Dave can supply the cooker that I want so that is another thing ticked off the list.

There is certainly a lot of space on the boat now in fact where we were going to extend our bathroom by 18inches we have found that 12 are enough (guess where this 6inches is going well 51/2 actually) and as this will become a walk through I may even be able to have some shelves under the gunnel. I approved of the sighting of the washing machine although I did ask the question “would it not look better behind the engine” and was told in no uncertain terms that no it wouldn't as  the pipes from the calorifier would be coming through at this spot and he wasn't going to move it again, so that told me, but I am well happy to have the machine out of the kitchen so don't care which side of the boat it sits. We did notice that the powder drawer on the machine had been doctored well butchered would be a better word, obviously when the machine was in the kitchen the powder drawer didn't open so a couple of inches of the moulding of the drawer front were sliced off. Good job you wont be able to see it. Mmmmmm perhaps I should ask for a new washer but then again perhaps not. Am really looking forward to my next visit we may have wood on the walls. Just the thought of it all has made me come over all peculiar.

No comments: