FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Sunday, 1 August 2010

Quiet Sunday.

The past couple of days have passed by in a bit of a blur. Friday evening we went up the pub with Tone and Julie nb muchgiglin. What a lovely evening we had, the food in the pub(Dog and Pheasant or was it Dog and Partridge) was so cheap we didn't hold out much hope as to what the quality would be like. Now when I say cheap I mean cheap. Paul had Steak and Kidney pie £3.50 Tone had ham eggs and chips £3.50 Julie fish and chips £3.50 and me scampi and chips £3.50 the most expensive thing was Rib eye steak £7.50. There was also rabbit pie, game pie and a few other things. Paul and I had ice cream at a £1. The whole evening came in at £59 so you can appreciate how much ale was drunk. The food was freshly cooked and the portions ample we will certainly be going back while we are here.  Paul suffered a bit as he isn't used to drinking the quantity he did. I was very good and missed a few rounds as I knew I would be going to London Saturday morning and I didn't want a headache.

I had a good day with Jess and we certainly walked a few miles.  We  saw Chris Eubank who when Jess smiled at him gave her a crafty wink. Of course we had to break our trip round London with a couple of cocktails in a bar in Covent Garden. I think Japan must be empty at the moment with the amount of Japanese tourist in town. Any way Jess and I have decided that when we meet up again we will do a show and I will return to Kent with her to spend the weekend.

Paul has a few more jobs to do but these really cant be done until we have moved our stuff onto our temporary home. The bathroom  sink unit has to be dismantled the wall cupboard taken down and my 2 can cupboard in the hall has to come down. Then once we are in the yard we have to move all the woodwork and mattresses into the lounge leaving the bedroom empty as this is where the cut will be.

F1 is on at the moment so Paul is engrossed in that. His poorly finger is healing slowly no doubt there will be a few more injuries before all the work is done.

No comments: