FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Tuesday, 17 August 2010

let the work begin!!!!!!!

Where do I start?  Since the last episode we have had a bit of a result. For a little while now we have had a for sale  sign in the window for the cratch cover and the pram hood. Well on Saturday a chap knocked while we were still at Rugby inquiring about both of them. He took loads of measurements and photos and the upshot is he bought them both result or what. So if you pass nb Patricia with Peter on board give him a wave and tell him what a nice cratch and canopy he has. His boat is blue and the covers are green so it will be quite distinctive.

As you all know (I’ve been on about it for long enough) yesterday was THE day. We were up at 6am, yes that time does exist. moving all the wood etc from the bedroom into the saloon. I also had to remember to put aside things that had to be brought to Willow wren like slippers, pills, dog bowls and the like managed to cram it all into a rucksack and a bag for the journey from Hillmorton to Rugby.

Any way we set off for the yard at 7.45 got to the bottom lock and moored up I did a quick trot to make sure they were ready for us and they weren't  so we sat where we were until we got the nod to come up. I don't know if you are aware but the locks at Hillmorton have been horrendous over the weekend. One lock in of the middle 3 has been out of action and then they chained one of the bottom locks as well so it was taking people 2-3 hours to get through.

At 10 we jumped the queue  to get going, I had my camera at the readythe start 015 the start 017 So here we are moored up at the spot where the crane will take out the Beta 43 then it will be into the dry dock for steel work to be started.

I left around 11 with the two dogs and the bag leaving Paul the rucksack to carry on his cycle back later. Now although I walk the dogs daily as they (and me) are getting on a bit it isn't normally a hike so I was a bit concerned on how they would cope with about 4 miles. Well Saffie got to the Kent Road bridge all of about 10 minutes from the yard and she sat down and looked at me as if to say I am not going any further. So I promptly put her on the lead and after that we got along fine. We had a 5 minute break when we got to Clifton Cruisers but all in all it took us about an hour so not to bad.

Paul rang in the afternoon to say that he had cut all the wiring taken out the pipe work and been working like a beaver. Engine is still in situe  but should be out this morning.the start 018

It felt strange being on a different boat I have managed to put all our bits and pieces away at least we had a decent nights sleep on a proper bed.

Paul is in charge of the camera at the moment so hopefully we will get some half decent pictures. I know what he is like with my camera he will probably loose his rag and throw it in the drink. As soon as we know the cut is going to take place I will take a trip to the yard and take charge of the snapping.

Just had a phone call THE ENGINE IS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: