Today was that dreaded DENTIST day. We were up with the lark having to get to Daventry via Rugby for 10 45. Caught the 8.30 bus from Hillmorton flashed the bus pass to be told "cant use that before 9am" oh bugger didn't realise that so first journey cost us £3.60. Got to Rugby with ages to wait for the Rugby bus so wandered into the precinct to get out of the cold. Luckily we were able to use our passes on the next bus. Again we had 40 mins to wait once we got to Daventry so had a nice cup of coffee then made our way to the dentist. Paul wasn't in there long but came out minus his false gnashers (just a small plate with a few teeth on) result, as now he cant whistle.Think I may have to buy a liquidizer to sort his food out for him. I suggested that I make a rice pudding for tea so he could suck it through the gaps in his teeth.
Tomorrow is EXTRACTION day!!! then we or should I say he has 5 more visits. This time we have booked all the appointments in advance the last one being 10th March, of course they wanted a hefty whack of dosh up front so Paul got out his new card put it in the machine entered pin and surprise surprise it failed. The receptionist said it was probably their machine but I think it was the shock on the card of the huge amount of money that was requested, now my card is used to largish sums but Paul's very rarely sees the light of day so it went into shock. We did pop into the bank to check and the card was deemed okay and it did work in Tesco's so I think I was right, anything over 50 quid and Paul's card will go into freefall.
My new Mobile phone has been a right pain in the proverbial, I was assured that I would be able to carry on using my old phone until the new one had gone through the system, but no, I ended up with no phone at all and when I rang customer services I was told the transaction had failed but would be sorted within 24 hours. "Don't hold your breath" I told myself and was prepared to go back to the shop this morning to cancel the contract but lo and behold last evening two messages appeared on the NEW phone and I am pleased to say I am up and running again.
Certainly has been cold with the canal being frozen for the past two days, not that it has stopped people moving at least it isn't as bad as before.
Graham and Betty are on their way back from Rugby and are hoping to meet up with us tonight not sure its our company they want think they smelt the boat cake cooking.
Just had a thought, when Pauls teeth are all done and dusted will he have the Jess Conrad sparkle, with a mouth full of gold crowns I would think so,must make sure when he smiles the sun is behind him or else I will be blinded.
FOR SALE
PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.
Monday, 1 February 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment