FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Friday, 12 February 2010

Nice day yesterday and today.

Yesterday we decided to go to Braunston. Why, you may ask, well it seemed like a good idea and got us away from the boat for a bit. Caught the two buses and got to Braunston around midday, we gave Lesley a knock on nb Caxton but no one was aboard. Paul wanted to gain information regarding their stretch . No doubt we will go to Braunston again while Caxton is out of the water just to be nosey. As we spied nb Old Bovine we gave them a knock too , Rae invited us in for a cuppa as Leon was on his way back from Rugby . It was nice to go on this lovely boat as we have only seen her from the outside, when Leon returned he gave Paul a guided tour of the engine room as Paul had said after the stretch his engine room would be 7ft and Leon's is only 5ft 7in however ours has to be 7ft as it has to accommodate a washing machine and the calorifier(and probably a load of other things too) so we can't really loose any space.
After our socialising we went onto the Gongoozlers for breakfast, well more like lunch, then it was back on the buses to Hillmorton never got back till turned 4pm so it was a long day for the dogs to be on their own but they survived.
Now that Paul is feeling better after "the extractions" he has gone into "stretch mode" as he wants to get everything sorted out with Dave before we leave here. He has been into every cupboard, drawer and even under the beds to see how easily it will be to dismantle all the fixed furniture. He guesstimates 3 days, heaven only knows where all the clothes etc from these cupboards and drawers are going to go but I am sure I will find somewhere. Also before any of the work begins we have (no Paul has) to demolish the oven housing and rebuild it in its new position. We had read on Caxton's blog a comment saying that someone had had their boat stretched and their insurance company required a new hull survey and bsc to be done. So a quick call to our insurers to clarify the situation re our stretch, Paul was told that as long as the steel work was carried out by a professional (hardly a job for a D.I.Y'er on the tow path!!!) and the boat was re-valued that is all that was needed. So at least we have checked that out.
As the store cupboard is getting a bit low we need to go to Rugby next week for a big shop at Tesco, also need to visit Wickes for more extrusion to finish the windows. Must say that these windows have performed so well all through this cold weather it has been money well spent.
Today is my birthday and I had a nice lot of cards from family and friends didn't get one from Paul though but that wasn't a surprise what was, though was the 35 horses he bought me in the guise of a JD3 beta engine, now did I ask for one of these of course I didn't I was rather hoping for something that had 3 carats in it not 35 horses. Of course this JD3 thing wont be here for ages and he hasn't paid for it so it is hardly a present is it. On previous birthdays I have had, a wheelbarrow . a new drill, 5 sacks of coal, 10 ton of shingle (when we lived in Spain) and various tools that I had no idea how to use and didn't even realise I wanted. So.............. I think a day's shopping is in order with Paul's card. Need to get the smelling salts he has just passed out!!!!!!!
Dont tell him I splashed out and bought some Haggen Dazz ice cream and I am going to eat it all myself he can just lick the spoon.

No comments: