FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Wednesday, 10 February 2010

Home at last.

What a journey I had yesterday and I don't want another one like it. Paul had rung me at various times during the morning to say that there were some Virgin trains running on the line near the boat, so I was in a bit of a dilemma, did I go to Euston in the hope that there was a service or go with my instinct and catch the coach. I decided on the coach, left Kent at 11.30 was at Victoria Coach Station by 1.15. Now this was all a new experience for me as I haven't been on a coach for years, I found which bay my coach was going from and sat and waited amazed at the range of destinations at home and abroad and the amount of people catching the coaches. During my wait Paul rang yet again to say trains had stopped running again so I obviously made the right choice. My coach left London at 3.30 with an estimated arrival time in Coventry of 6.20 journey was uneventful except for a nasty accident on the London bound carriageway of the M1 which slowed us down due to rubberneckers. Once at Coventry I had an 80 minute wait for the Rugby coach and I can assure you Coventry bus station is not the best place to spend 80 minutes seems all the local kids spend their evenings there. When the coach turned up I was the only passenger, talking to the driver it would appear that the coach had come up from Brixham in Devon and once he had dropped me off in Rugby he was going back to the depot in Leicester. Luckily once off the coach I only had a 5 minute wait for the bus to Hillmorton and Paul waiting for me at the bus stop, ahhhhhh bless him he had been so worried about me travelling this different route. Needless to say as we walked under the railway line 2 Virgin trains thundered past so problem was obviously sorted. Today all trains seem to be back to normal.
The hygienist at the dentist was not impressed with Paul yesterday and has given him a long list of instructions to follow, especially as he has had extractions and one of these is still giving him a bit of bother.
I also found on my return that the boat has been booked in to have its stretch done subject to my approval (as if that would make any difference). There I was all geared up to a November slot and we are now going in in AUGUST seems it is better to get the steel work done while the weather is good which I can understand. Dave has given Paul an itemised breakdown of all the work and the price quoted is just below our budget so it looks like it will be August. Puts paid to us having a long cruise this summer but we will be out of the water during the busiest hire seasons so that in its self is a plus. There are a couple of things that Paul wants to clarify and that will be us committed. Still my daughter has asked me if I would like to go away for a long weekend on Eurostar to Brussels at sometime, September seems a good idea as I will be up to my ears in boat stretch by then and will probably need a break.
Had quite a blizzard here this morning for about half an hour but since then the sun has been shining, the wind cuts you in half though.
Have done absolutely nothing today except one load of washing to try out my new ECOBALLS they seem to be okay so no more buying soap powder for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We hope that you two have awarded yourself a nice easy day of rest today, you certainly deserve it.
Good news about the stretch, seems like your boat is attached to the Hillmorton area by elastic!