Left Jess's yesterday after taking Tom to school today got to Euston only to find that there were no trains running out of Euston station due to overline failure. What a bummer now I had to make a desicion do I hang around the station and wait or do I return to Kent, well I opted for the return to Kent idea. So after leaving Jess's at 10.30 I was back on her doorstep at 3.45 really annoyed. I had kept Paul informed of what I was doing and he was not best pleased as it meant another night of quick food still at least he didn't have to suffer the soaps.
Today my phone has been red hot with Paul letting me know that there were still no trains running past the boat in either direction. Back onto the internet and it still says disrupted service, so onto National Express site and I am now booked on a coach from Victoria this afternoon which goes via Coventry and gets me to Rugby at 8.30 pm. In the meanwhile Paul had seen Virgin trains going northbound so back onto the internet and even called National rail all I got was "trains are disrupted and will be till midday some trains are cancelled and there is a travel delay" so bugger it I am catching the coach. Do you think that Virgin will re-imburse me the extra fares I have spent out on? I very much doubt it. I have to wait and hour and a half at Coventry for a connecting coach to Rugby so Paul has come up with the bright idea that I catch a number 86 to Rugby knowing my luck I will miss that one too. Think of me today oh yes to top it all Paul has a dentist appointment too what a very fortunate couple we are.
FOR SALE
PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.
Tuesday, 9 February 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment