Someone asked us the other day if we were the"Piston Broke" on the Canal Forum. Well we're not! Have just about enough hours in the day to write the blog, watch the tele and moan a bit (Paul) go onto Facebook (me) and do the other general things associated with the boat, washing hoovering, cleaning etc. So although Paul has been on the Forum site to have a quick read he admits its best that he doesnt get involved with leaving comments, anyway it would have to be me that did the typing and I would get really stressed out if he was making derogatory comments.
Yesterday Dave from Granthams came down to discuss with Paul the STRETCH, they went through the plans that Paul had drawn up and the specification. Dave got onto Beta to find out delivery dates and prices for the new engine, after a couple of hours Dave returned to the yard with plans and spec under his arm and he is going to draw up an itemised quote for us. Paul is now on tenterhooks as to what the quote will be. Hopefully within our budget. Paul is not hedging his bets on one quote he is going to get two others so then we can decide who will get the work, not necessarily the cheapest but the best value for money. Paul also phoned John (Johns Canopies) to warn him that we will require a new cratch and pram cover as we are going to change the livery colour and the green covers wont match the colours we have in mind, so at some point we will be selling our green covers on, will let you know when so if any one is interested they can buy them at a very good price!! Cratch cover is Wilson's and the pram cover Johns Boat Canopies.
Today I felt the need to get the bus to Rugby. Paul was glued to the Iraq inquiry hoping to see Tony Blair squirm but not much hope of that I think. Any way I had a good wander round popping in shops I don't normally visit. I then went into the Orange shop and bit the bullet changing from Pay as You Go to a contract got a nice new phone that will probably take me ages to get to grips with, Paul is having my old phone as his is well past its sell by date.
The wind has been absolutely bitter and I was glad to get back onto the boat. Paul sat in exactly the same place as when I left him about 3 hours ago glued to the tele and he is still there uttering the odd comment when Tony Blair responds to questions. The most used comment is "you lying b******d".
Will soon be Monday and the dreaded dentist visit first of two next week. Wednesday will see us heading for Rugby and then Thursday I am off to Kent. Feels strange being on our own, feel the need to make a cake of some sort.
FOR SALE
PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.
Friday, 29 January 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
On the Tony Blair issue I'm with Paul, does the man (Blair!) have no conscience!!
We could only listen to it for a few minutes on the radio before we also got cross and turned it off.
How is Paul progressing with his prototype stove-top fan btw?
nb Oakfield
Re the fan Paul as put it on the back burner (no pun intended) for the moment as he is trying to get quotes for the stretch. But dont worry he will get there eventually.
Re the fan Paul as put it on the back burner (no pun intended) for the moment as he is trying to get quotes for the stretch. But dont worry he will get there eventually.
Post a Comment