
As Paul has been a good boy just lately and not thrown his dummy out of the pram while playing on his Playstation, I said I would take him to the Science Museum. We caught the bus to Nottinghill then walked through Kennsington Gardens, was a lovely walk as the sun was shining. Came out by the Albert Memorial and continued to walk to the museum. Now Paul is not a museum type of person and I was sure he was only doing this to humour me but once we got inside he was like a kid in a sweet factory. I was shown how the oil system works on an 1800's Beam Engine (oh joy when will I ever 
need that information) still this was a day out for Paul and we looked at a Merlin engine (used in the Spitfire) as we have a piston on top of the boat from said engine. Then we moved onto the jet section where the delights and workings of a jet engine were explained

need that information) still this was a day out for Paul and we looked at a Merlin engine (used in the Spitfire) as we have a piston on top of the boat from said engine. Then we moved onto the jet section where the delights and workings of a jet engine were explained
to me however when we got to the Harrier jump Jet I was getting REALLY BORED and I was wondering whether I had done the right thing giving him a boys day out. We looked at the marine section ( Paul was in the Merchant Navy quite a few years ago as a Refrigeration Engineer Officer) there was a model of a refrigeration shipin cut away section and he explained in great detail the workings of the refrigeration plant used in the ships he served on. (big yawn will I ever need to repair a refrigeration plant?) Still he had a really good day made all the better when we went into the cafe and the sandwiches were £4.20 so he had a good moan about that. His usual HOW MUCH echoed round the cafe. We ended up in Macdonalds in Kensington High St (he knows how to treat a girl) where even there the girl cocked up the order thick as two planks springs to mind, I'm sure it must be something about Paul that any time he is near a food outlet there is a problem.Still all in all we had a good day out it was nice to get away from the boat for a few hours will be even better when the bus pass arrives for HIMSELF.
Jess is meeting us on the 20th so we will leave Kensal on Monday and take a slow cruise to Uxbridge stay there a bit where hopefully Jack can come to see us then it's turn round and come back here for Christmas. And next time he can go to the museum on his own!!!!!!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment