FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Monday, 8 December 2008

Not a good move

After spending quite a few days at Kensal we decided that we would go back up to Uxbridge as my son and his family are going to meet us there on Sunday. We had a nice day on Saturday, went to Portobello Market (two days out on the trot arent I the lucky one) needless to say the market was heaving but I managed to get a nice new winter bonnet ( a peruvian knitted one) and I bought a pair of Dr Marten's boots. I had a lovely pair (of boots) which I used to wear on the bike but in my infinate wisdom left them in Spain. Once on the boat I realised I needed some decent footwear so bought a pair of walking boots which are soooooo comfortable but all of a sudden have decided to leak (must be the encounter with the bow saw that did it) have superglued the cut up but hate having wet feet so when I saw the D.M's just had to have them. Now have to break them in. Paul surpassed himself and bought me a hot dog while we were out (and he didnt moan at the price) we then had a leisurely walk back to the boat turned out quicker then the bus.
On a quick trip into Sainsbury's to top up had a chat with some guys who were monitering the cyclists on the tow path not the best day a Sunday as there was more joggers and walkers than cyclists but they told us they would be back on Thursay at 8am. One of the chaps had travelled down from Suffolk leaving home at 3.30am. They even had speed cameras rigged up. Now I have no beef with cyclists as long as they ring their bells to let me know they are behind me doing 30 mph. its when all of a sudden they are on top of me and I have to struggle to get two large dogs out of their way one of which has an aversion to anyone on two wheels.

Yesterday bought coal and diesel off the work boat so we are topped up now. Left Kensal around 10 this morning canal was frozen but it wasnt that thick and a boat had just come down so we set off well wrapped up. The further we got from Kensal the thicker the ice became so after about 2 hours we said sod it and moored up, would appear that most of the blacking has now gone from the bow so it looks like the blacking will have to be done sooner rather than later (is due in March). Have learnt our lesson and wont move tomorrow unless the canal is clear.

No comments: