At least today has been okay for travelling. No ice thank heaven. As is always the way just as we are ready to go someone on the tow path stops for a chat which lasts for an hour. It is nice to talk to people as they are so interested in our way of life but this morning it was cold so I just left Paul to it and stayed on the boat till he was ready to leave, rude I know but I like to be warm before I start off.
We cruised till we came to the spot where on the way down we had found a nice supply of wood. We moored up and went foraging, we had a nice pile of wood and were transporting it to the boat for Paul to cut up with the chain saw. I still had a few bits to collect when another boat pulled up, moored up and went into the spot where our little squirrel store was. I went into panic mode as I had visions of our pile of wood diminishing, off I went to reclaim what was ours. First comment from the lady was "this has certainly gone down since I was here last" and there was I thinking we were the only ones who knew the wood was there. How stupid am I (don't answer that), at the end of the day there is enough wood at this spot for a few boaters, we have a nice stock on the roof and the other boater had plenty too.
We decided to stay here for the night then head for Uxbridge tomorrow although the weather forecast is clear skies for tonight so no doubt the canal will be frozen in the morning. About 4pm the BW Patrol boat stopped to check our license and take our number. At the moment on this stretch as far as the eye can we are the only boat so he hasn't had too many boats to check.
We need to stop at Cowley lock tomorrow for water etc lets hope the tap isn't frozen.
Paul has had a call from an old friend (yes he does have some) to wish him happy birthday and some texts as well so all in all it has been a nice day all round.
FOR SALE
PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.
Tuesday, 9 December 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment