Friday Rob returned our bag of coal and stopped for a chat, at the time Paul had his head in the bow section after fitting yet another fan to stop the condensation in the box/step onto the boat from the cratch (we keep our kindling in this box and wondered why it was damp). We have so many fans on this boat we could fly along.
Yesterday we went into Uxbridge to pick up the post, the Post office was really busy which is only to be expected given the time of year. I queued for 15 mins got to the counter and asked for the post that my daughter had sent special delivery on Friday the woman behind the counter was adamant that there was no post delivery on a Saturday but I informed her that last weekend I had post on a Saturday and any way it was special delivery guaranteed next day so after much huffing and puffing she decided to send someone to check (no way was I moving without my post) lo and behold the chap returned from the depths with armfuls of post so I wonder how many other people had been sent on their way, at least I had mine so now we have a nice display of Christmas cards and YIPEEEEE Paul has his bus pass.
Today Jack Clare and the family came to see us, its only a 20 min drive for them to Uxbridge, was so nice to see the grandkids and they were very good considering the restrictive space on the boat. Clare invited us to spend Christmas day with them and I must say we are very tempted, its so much nicer to spend the day with children as that is what it is all about.
We aim to move back down towards Kensal tomorrow, perhaps taking a couple of days. Need to do a shop at Tesco so perhaps we will overnight at Willowtree park. Jamie rang last night to say he has to be in Paddington on the 19th so we will meet him then and Jess on the 20th (this bus pass is going to be red hot). Must say I dont feel very Christmasy yet perhaps next weekend when the big day is nearly on us.
FOR SALE
PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.
Sunday, 14 December 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment