FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Thursday, 1 March 2012

What a lovely day for a walk!!

After a very foggy start today has turned out really lovely. Paul has equalized the batteries (your guess is as good as mine) checked the diesel and checked the batteries. He had a nice surprise when Oakfield moored up behind us at lunch time. They are going to “Paul” sit while I go to Egham this weekend.  In honour of the visit to Jack’s I went to the hairdressers this afternoon.

Now I have a pedometer to monitor my steps. I was a bit gob smacked when I found out you have to do at least 10,000 steps yes 10,000 to loose weight, so every day I donned the thing when I took the dogs out or went into town and I think the only time I have exceeded 10,000 steps was when we walked into Rugby and back from the moorings by the park. Any way today I thought as it is such a lovely day I would walk back from the hairdressers. After my haircut I plugged myself into my Walkman and set off down Lower Hillmorton Road walking into time to the music I did stop myself from singing along as I was getting some funny looks. When I got to Kent Road I walked down there and onto the canal at Kent Road Bridge.

On arrival at the boat I checked my pedometer and I had done 7864 steps in 40 minutes and a distance of 1.9 miles Keith told me as I hadn't done the required amount of steps I should go back again. Thanks for that Keith!!!!!!!!

Have heard that there is a big BW meeting today to discuss the water levels on the system, is a total shut down on the cards I wonder?

1 comment:

Tom and Jan said...

Try taking smaller steps Lynne. You either won't have to walk as far or lose weight quicker :-)

Tom