This morning we moved yet again stopping to fill up with water on the way. It was such a lovely morning made better by the fact that everyone was going in the opposite direction to us. As we had heard that All Oaks Wood has been extremely busy of late we were hoping that some of this South bound traffic had come from there leaving a space for us. I love the approach to this mooring,
Looks so different with no leaves.
Nothing behind us!
The approach to the moorings.
As we passed the car park there was one space left on the end of the armco, so that's us sorted for a few days. As is the norm after we have moored up I take the dogs for a quick wander and it was while I was doing this I spied something in the hedge. “that looks interesting” I though to myself then got himself to see if he was of the same opinion. Yeh, for once in my life I seem to have got something right. What did I find? Well it was this little beauty.
What looks like Astro Turf but it will protect the back of the boat from muddy paw prints and the endless dog hairs, we can dunk this in the canal to give it a clean and this is what we did before laying it. So, one mans junk is another mans treasure, probably not the right quotation but you get my drift. The off cuts will go in the next bin so we have done our bit of clearing up as well.
Paul had yet another attempt at fishing.
Still no luck though.
As you can see we were really lucky to get tied up here.
Sun set.
Plan is to do the remaining windows tomorrow and then at the weekend get the wallpaper and paint out to finish off the lounge.

No comments:
Post a Comment