FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Friday, 23 March 2012

Phew!!!

Well what can I say about this lovely weather we’ve been having over the past few days. Yesterday saw Paul get the polish out and I was quite exhausted watching him work. I did help out a bit by buffing up the bits where the polish had already been applied. We stopped half way through for a spot of lunch and to let the “old fella” have a bit of a breather. Once the polishing had been done Paul then got out the tin of blacking to touch up the scratches we have gained over the winter, so, that's two jobs done may be we could tackle a window or two while the weather is good.

This morning saw us nipping to Screw DIY a unit just down from the canal where Paul had ordered a couple of buffing wheels and some soap so he could have a good go at the brass grills. These safely in the rucksack we caught the bus into town where I got a few bits of shopping to tide us over until I do a BIG shop in Tesco.

Chance came by so we had a chat to Doug and James before they continued onto Brinklow. Then the grills were removed from the cratch doors and polished within an inch of their life its certainly easier with the buffing wheels on the drill than using Brasso and elbow grease.

Del and Al have just arrived so I roused Paul from his slumbers and he has now gone to see if they need any help. Think its time to get the chairs on the tow path and soak up a few rays before I take the dogs for their afternoon constitutional.

No comments: