FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Wednesday, 2 November 2011

It must be my age.

Yesterday I needed to go shopping to top up the fridge for Paul as I am going away tomorrow, as I was leaving Paul says to me “ring me when you get off the bus and I will come and help you with the trolley” Paul was off to get some fittings for his engine so I was on my own. Shopping done , while waiting for the bus I rang Paul of course there was no reply I gave it 10 mins and then rang again, nothing except his voice mail. So at the third attempt I left a message “ is it worth you having a phone” funny glances from the people at the bus stop they must have thought miserable old bag. I rang again while on the bus, nothing, when I got off the bus, nothing, while walking the tow path, nothing.  I struggled over the bridge with the bottles clanking. I was about 10 foot from the boat when he came to help me, “have you listened to your messages on the phone” I asked “don't know where it is” was his reply. This from a man who is always moaning at me if I take more than three rings to answer and then accuses me of having it at the bottom of my bag which is untrue. I picked his phone up from the shelf where he keeps it and showed him, 6 missed calls all he could do was smile, he can get his own shopping next time.

A few days ago I received an email from my dentist in Rugby with an appointment for 2/11/11 I turns up there this morning and was told by the nice receptionist I had turned up a month to early   I should have gone on the 2/12/11 an easy mistake to make don't you think but that's not what Paul said  he said it was my AGE. I had travelled into Rugby with Elaine nb Relaine and met up with her for the return trip as well.

Paul had been busy sorting out his pipe work for the engine but was 1 elbow short he had miscalculated very unlike him, must be HIS AGE, so he has to go to Wickes sometime to get another one.

This afternoon as I got the dogs off the boat for their afternoon constitutional there was a lot of barking from the field below us and I could see huntsman with their hounds, then the hounds all ran up onto the tow path noses to the ground and they were off, quick blast on the horn by the Master and they were all back in the field again, never seen that here before.

Met the guy who has just bought the old BW cottage at the junction, he says it needs a bit of work doing and I can agree with him there as I had a nosey through the windows yesterday. It only has pedestrian access across the field which is a bit of a bummer when you have to put the bin out on the main road.

I am taking advantage of the signal being half decent as up until today it has been rubbish Paul hasn't been able to speak to his brother for ages haven't forgotten you  Eric honest he will try on Sunday.

2 comments:

John N/B Ellen said...

Have you forgotten to put the Dongle broomstick back after Halloween activities?

nb piston broke said...

Lynnes gone down to Kent on it says its quiker than British Rail