Paul was busy this morning replacing the wooden corners to the windows so I thought I would cook him a nice brunch. Large mushroom went in the pan bacon and toast under the grill 5 minutes later the smoke alarm was screaming, I was flapping the t towel and Paul was opening the side hatch to let the smoke out, okay so I had the gas up to high under the mushroom I even had a lid on the pan so you can appreciate how hot the oil had got. Learnt my lesson but I had no complaints about the food I actually never burnt a thing not even the toast.
Yesterday we had visitors, Angela and John plus Maggie and Maisie arrived bearing cakes. They had left the car at bridge 102 and walked to us, was lovely to see them again and we much appreciated them travelling to us. There is one confession we have to make though regarding our new dongle. On speaking to John and to Keith it would appear they both thought the new dongle in the picture we posted was the real thing. The fact that it was about 12 inches long should have made them think “this is Paul winding us up” Could you imagine the raised eyebrows if you were sitting on the train with a dongle that size. No, our new dongle is normal size and very pleased with it we are too.
I have just realised that we are on the stretch of tow path highlighted by Maffi a few weeks ago, although it has been cleared up there are still lots of small hawthorn and blackberry twigs, Saffie has cut her paw and is constantly licking it to keep it clean, we are keeping an eye on it though. Pity any cyclists who come this way.
While out yesterday I remembered to take the camera so took a few snaps.
Bridge 103 from a couple of different angles. In front of the bridge and through it. Bet there aren't many bricklayers left with the skills to build a bridge like this.
We are waiting on Gosty now, hopefully they should be here today or tomorrow no doubt he is being inundated with questions as to why they are selling up thus making his journey a bit slower than usual

2 comments:
Say hello to the little funny looking Jack Russell we rescued and they took on board to give a new home to. He is a little charmer for sure....
Nev NB Waterlily
Hi Guy"s have you been up on br 103 as there is a very interesting plaque there Happy days TONY AND JACKIE
Post a Comment