FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Wednesday, 23 November 2011

How sad are we?

Even though we have the new dongle the signal here at Braunston (yes we are back there again for a couple of days) is very intermittent. On checking our e mails we had over 60 un read messages and couldn't read them for love or money as the signal was so slow. This morning for some unknown reason Paul and I were both awake at some ungodly hour like 5am so, I says to Paul “I wonder if the signal will be any better at this time in the morning”. We both get up Paul puts the kettle on I put the computer on and hurrah we have GPRS instead of EDGE. Hotmail accounts comes up relatively quickly and now we have 74 unread e mails. I am pleased to say after deleting most of them and reading the important ones our inbox is empty. We will do your bidding Angela will call you if we find anything out.

We have watched the sun come up and there is a definite nip in the air, the roof of the boat has a coating of frost, is this the start of winter I ask myself. The horizon is red so those shepherds had better look out!

sun up 23 nov 2011 006

Frosty…….

sun up 23 nov 2011 011

sun up 23 nov 2011 014

sun up 23 nov 2011 017

sun up 23 nov 2011 018

Think you get the gist of the sun rise.

Yesterday morning when I got up I noticed that the engine room had more light in it than normal so I had a quick peek and I said to Paul who was still lying in bed at the time, “did you forget to do anything last night?” “Like what” was the mumbled reply. “how about closing the top hatch” “I did” “oh no you didn't it is wide open”. Of course he insisted that he had closed it so we must have had a visit from the “hatch fairy” who just out of sheer devilment opened ours and let all the cold air in. Good job we have the canopy as it had poured with rain during the night.   

We had to go into Rugby yesterday to see the bank manager so we were able to meet up with Betty and Graham and have a spot of lunch was lovely to see them again once Anne and Keith catch us up the intrepid 6 will be back together again.

Well we are on our second pot of tea now its 7.20 so no chance of going back to bed, the boat is toasty warm as Paul has made up the fire AND put the central heating on bugger the expense I’ll just keep doing the lottery and hope for another tenner to buy a bag of coal.

2 comments:

Adam said...

EDGE is meant to be better than GPRS - three times faster, in fact! I suspect that your success was due to using the internet at a time when very few other people were taking all the band width.

Angela said...

So that's what a sunrise looks like?!! xxoo