We got to Braunston this morning watered up and got rid of the mounds of rubbish we had acquired (all ours I’m afraid Maffi) and emptied the 3 cassettes we had managed to fill well 2 and a half really over the course of 18 days (that was definitely all ours..). Paul decided to wind just after bridge 98 and then get back onto the puddlebanks. There was no way we could get anywhere else as Braunston is full, lots of boats I have never seen before. Any way as we passed “Pink Floyd” bridge there are two boats moored off line one with some lovely carvings for sale on the roof, well there he was bending down getting something out of his fridge a nude man, now I cant be absolutely sure he was totally nude, the upper torso was and there was a hint of builders bum but Paul wouldn't reverse up a few feet so I could check this out. I am sure if it had been a nude woman we would have been reversing at a rate of knots. Such a meanie my husband.
Of course the good mooring has been taken by a boat that we recognised . So we have got as close as we can, put the plank out and are now settled for a few days. On my way to the laundry in the marina to leave the books I have read I met up with Maffi again so stopped for a chat. Paul was on his way to Midland Chandlers to price up fittings. I got back to the boat with a few replacement books then waited for an hour and a half as Paul had the key and when he did return he hadn’t even bought anything this must be a first.

No comments:
Post a Comment