Well here is the side panel virtually completed. There is a minor adjustment to make but we’ll see if you can spot the difference when we post the amended picture.
Before
After.
Brass is now back in situ, roof is uncovered but the photographer didn't take any snaps of that!! Paul is going to go back to the yard on Saturday as we think that may be the day she comes out of the paint shed. But as there is this minor alteration to do it may be Monday. We understand there is still at least a weeks work to do to complete the inside of the boat.
Canal here had a thin covering of ice this morning looks like winter has come early this year.
I am getting very frustrated with Ikea as we have seen a couple of armchairs that we like. We had been to the store a couple of weeks ago but no stock. On Saturday I had checked on the internet and they had about 8 chairs in stock. Monday I double checked and they didn't have any, so I rang up the store in Coventry and the girl on the end of the phone tells me they have 7 chairs but not the covers I want. (no problem) So off we go on the bus, get to the shop where I ask a very nice young man to get the chairs down from the racking for me, only to be told they only had 1. I related the conversation I had only an hour an half previous “oh” he says “there is a discrepancy in the stock on the computer” as he said this Paul kind of lost it big time venting his frustration on the trolley which he shoved into the nearest bay muttering what a totally useless shop Ikea is and its no wonder they are always on Watchdog (or words to that effect). He has now washed his hands of the whole armchair buying sonario and has left it up to me to sort out. I have contemplated buying these on line but in store there is £25 off each chair and the delivery is £10 . On line its full price for the chairs and £35 delivery. I did want to take advantage of being in Hillmorton to have the chairs delivered there. Today, I had another peak at the stock situation and lo and behold over next weekend they are having 24 chairs and covers delivered,great, you may think but no, I am off to Kent this weekend to catch up with some old work mates so that's it then. I wonder if there will be some stock left next Monday I know for certain that Paul wont be on the bus with me if these elusive chairs ARE in stock.

2 comments:
She looks fab!
Looks great. Personally would have contrasting background in shield but hey what do I know!
Post a Comment