Well the minor amendment has been done to Pauls approval so here are the before and after pictures.
Before.
After.
Can you see the difference? Paul says if you can you have an eye for detail.
Looks better with the scroll work.
I had a trip to Kent at the weekend, was invited out for a meal with some old work colleagues. The evening flew by as they were very interested with our life on the cut. Every time I rang Paul he was bemoaning the fact that he was very, very cold. I was in the luxury of a nice centrally heated house so I was okay, but now I am back on this ice box I can appreciate why he was moaning. Last night the little electric fire struggled to raise the heat above freezing so we watched TV with a nice fluffy blanket round us. Went to bed with a hot water bottle each, our joggers on and in Pauls case his shirt and socks as well. I did draw the line at the socks. It brings back memories of when I was a kid and money was a bit tight and was allowed to have the paraffin heater in my room for an hour before bed time oh the good old days!!! Today is no better.
This boat does have a Morso solid fuel fire but it is in such a dangerous position that we don't want to light it because it could catch the sofa alight and the dogs would singe their coats every time they walked past it. So I hope you are all feeling very sorry for us.
Boat is due out of the paint shop tomorrow so hopefully it wont be any longer than a week to 10 days before we can get back on board and I JUST CANT WAIT even though the inside looks like a bomb has gone off and there is flakes of paint all over the place but hey its only surface dirt I can sort that I am good at cleaning.

3 comments:
Hi There,
Is it the Big End cap that has been changed to match the con rod?
Well done Chris and Debbie you have just won a stick of rock!!!!!!
Well!!! Is it back in the water yet? I do hope so.
Post a Comment