FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Thursday, 11 November 2010

What a filthy day.

Needs dictated that we had to go out today, Paul to the boat, me to the hospital to have half an arm of blood taken!!!!

When we left it was overcast and windy, Paul stayed on the bus to Hillmorton I got off in town and walked to the hospital. Sat there for 45 mins waiting my turn and then it was out in to the worsening weather. I had only gone a few steps when the heavens opened and I got absolutely drowned, luckily I had an umbrella so had a bit of protection but there was nowhere to shelter so by the time I was back in Rugby it was pointless to even go into the precinct. I just soldiered on and by the time I was back at the boat I looked like I had just got out of the shower which is a bit of a bugger as I am off to number two sons in Egham tomorrow and my warm coat is now sodden with no chance of it drying on this freezing boat with only a 2kw heater to keep us warm, and this we have to turn off when we want to boil a kettle or use the toaster.

As I am writing this the heavens have opened up yet again and it is lashing down in broom handles. Trip to Tesco to get supplies for Paul has been put on hold for a bit.

This is the progress on the boat, first coat of “raddle red and battleship grey” are on the roof.

The Outside 062

As you can see it is being masked up in readiness for its second coat after the anti slip grit has been applied. Now that there is some colour on the boat various suggestions have been put forward as to the design but Paul has given Jeff carte blanche (on some of it anyway).

No comments: