FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Thursday, 4 November 2010

1 Mushroom down!!!!!!!

Well yesterday we started on the brass, having bought a tin of Nitromors Paul set to getting all the old coating off the mushrooms and plank rack. Bearing in mind we have only bought 3 of the mushrooms back there are still 2 at the yard along with the cleats and the brass steps. Any way the first mushroom was duly washed down and then the Brasso was put to good use. It is very difficult to clean stuff when you don't have the luxury of a table or decent flat surface on which to put things, I had to sit on the bed with a towel covering my legs and literally polish my heart out. I have to say at this point that Paul was tackling one of the racks. What seemed like hours later all the black marks had been polished out and at last we had 1 shiny mushroom. I did start the next one but after about 15 mins gave up and we put the kettle on and made some tea.There's no rush after all.

Today I went for my weekly visit as I, note the I, had to make a decision on the colour of the boat. I offered my opinion and we are going for the colour Paul wants, this is what is commonly known as a JOINT decision. All the redundant holes have been filled and rubbed down the new water filler has been put in on the foredeck so I think that's it, next job is primer.

The Outside 041  

Two 70 footers in the paint shop so things are a bit tight.

The Outside 042

Just a little bit more to come off.

The Outside 043

Nice shiny bow.

The Outside 049

Filled and sanded.

The remaining brass was bought back so this weekend there is going to be a lot more cleaning hope I don't run out of Brasso.

We are hoping to meet up with Alan and Frances off of Lazy Days haven't seen them in a while so will be nice to have a good yarn.

As I write this Paul is taking all of his frustrations out on the Playstation.  Controller hasn’t been thrown yet so he must be quite calm.

1 comment:

Brian and Diana on NB Harnser said...

Give up with polishing on your lap and get one of these
http://www.amazon.co.uk/MOTORCYCLE-METAL-POLISHING-ADAPTOR-POLISH/dp/B002RB4MDG