Yesterday didn't start off too well. I put a load in the washing machine early while Paul was shifting his mattress and bits off his bed into the lounge.
I think Crystals face says it all!
Back in the bedroom with the washing in full cycle Paul noticed that the calorifier was leaking. So there was a bit of panic mode then. Washing turned off pump turned off, language certainly wasn't turned off. Paul found out where the leak was coming from after tightening up various joints and sending me to Wickes for some jointing compound. It was the blow off valve, bit of fiddling and everything was back to normal. This put the wash cycle a bit behind and I wanted it to finish before I went into town to have a hair cut.
Just missed the bus so had to wait 15 minutes for the next one which meant I got to the hairdressers with a few minutes to spare for my appointment. After waiting ages the girl came out and said she had been double booked so was it all right if she cut my hair and a junior blow dried it. To be perfectly honest I nearly said just cut it all off and be done with it, but I nodded said I didn't mind and an hour later was back on the bus with a better than expected hair do.
When I got back on the boat my poor little soldier had his left forefinger all bound up in kitchen roll and insulation tape. “oh dear what have you done” I said (with a smile on my face) “I hit it with a 3pound club hammer and split the end” was the reply. I must confess the smile turned into a laugh I just couldn't help myself. Luckily I have quite a comprehensive first aid kit courtesy of my daughter who is a nurse. Jess had the foresight to include some Steri Strips so I was able to administer first aid and get himself back to normal. In the middle of all this up heaval Ray the new owner of Gypsy Rover came round for a cup of coffee. With the bedroom in bits and blood on the floor it wasn't really how I wanted him to see the boat but at least he has seen it at its worst.
In the evening we went over to the Harvester for a meal and were joined by John and Paula off of tug Taurean.
This is the result of yesterdays hard work.
So now here is the before picture
Not much difference is there!!!!!!!
After one night on the dinette we are not sure how we are going to last another 19 nights. Things were made worse when Crystal decided she was going to get on the bed as well now she has never done that before and hopefully wont do it again. Cant even threaten her with sleeping in the cratch as that is full as well.

3 comments:
I thought Paul told me you don't repair calorifiers! lol
Now you guys it wasnt a repair as such just tighten a few joints and a bit of fiddling and hey presto no leak.
We passed by early on Wednesday morning when you were moored just north of Tesco's at Rugby. As there was no sign of life we didnt stop!
Andy
Post a Comment